Pages

Saturday 13 October 2012

light : second shoot

So, another tricky night to take photos but it had to be done. The wind was so bad, it pretty much blew me and my tripod away.. I got a few photos out of it though, i'll see what I can do with them. Here are a few of my more successful ones..

 This image was taken in the middle of Courtenay Place. I like it purely because of the way the dense beam of light is coming forward.


 Taken on the motor way, these two images have really nice clean light trails which look effective.

 I decided to take images from Mt. Vic, to give an idea of how the light or energy is distributed around the city.  This image is more reflective of Leon Gurevitch's images such as "New York Energy Tourists" and "Peak Panorama" (found here , slides 82 and 86). Although Gurevitch's images perhaps showcase the light trails better, I still think my image is effective as you can clearly see more illuminated areas due to more light or energy. I think this will flow well in my final images in order to give audiences an overall perspective of my shoot.


 I like this image as it is really focused on the light trails and there are no other lights in the image to distract from them.
 This image was taken to show difference in traffic density or energy. It was taken at the round a bout in Cobham Drive, Kilbirnie. It is also the busiest street in the Eastern suburbs, and think this is a good contrast to the images taken from in the city as it shows the difference in "busy" in respective places.

I like the trails in this image, especially the fact that you can see how the car has switched lanes. However, I feel that all the other lights in the image distract too much from the trails.

Overall, I am feeling ok about my photographs, I think that I can clearly communicate my idea of difference of energy in different parts of the city with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment