Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

photography as data : initial proposal

For this project, I am interested in looking at genetics within families, comparing facial features with other family members. In this, photography will be used to document how genetics play a part in an individuals make up, while comparing that makeup to other family members to see how genetic strings can be similar or different.

I will do this by photographing various family members. I will then photoshop their images together, putting two families members faces together. This will allow for us to compare the facial structures, seeing where they are alike or not.

This is based on Ulric Collette's Genetic Portraits series where he too combines family members faces. However, I want to develop this concept further into the idea of photography as data. I am unsure as to how exactly to do this. I think I will play with documenting traits in the side of the photos, or maybe categorising similar features together in separate images.

No comments:

Post a Comment