Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

live theory : RAP 6

This weeks lecture explored the relationship between design and nature. The most interesting point I pulled from the lecture was how designers try so hard to reflect nature and organic matter in design. However, I think that most of the time this is a bit of a contradiction because the whole design process, to me, seems the opposite: planned and controlled. Another interesting point from the lecture was when Tonya questioned if we feel a sense of responsibility as designers to design things naturally and sustainably. And I think we do. More than ever, sustainability is a huge topic that is stressed in not only design but all aspects of society. I definitely think that we have a much larger understanding and awareness about sustainable design and the implications of what and how we design. I think this is a good thing and that we should design with these things in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment