Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

light: final proposal

I have redeveloped my proposal, and am now heading in a more clear direction for this project


For this project, I aim to explore how cars can communicate the density of  light or "energy" in areas around Wellington. I will take images of busy roads around Wellington, using a long exposure, in order to capture traffic passing by. These cars will produce light trails, and areas where there are more traffic will produce stronger and more prominent ones. By having these images together as a set, it will be interesting to compare the different streets and see how "busy" is only relative to the area the image is in, in that a busy street in the suburbs, isn't all that busy compared to a street in town. From this, "energy maps" will be created of Wellington where we can see where the high amount of energy.

In this project I am essentially exploring how light acts as a communicator for energy. Although this is a concept already tested, I think it will be interesting to explore Wellington in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment