Pages

Thursday 6 September 2012

time : precedents


         ARTISTIC EXPERIMENTATION

Martin Parr captures society in a way which captures the commercial nature of of world. The vibrant tones ted in his work give this distorted view of society and seem to enhance very aspect of it. To me, his images remind me of advertisements and this is an aspect I want to explore in my series.




Parr's style is one I would like to imitate and develop for this project. His images to me feel almost sarcastic and that they are mocking society, and I think this idea sort of fits with what I'm showing. In the images of the banana cake below, I see it as almost a practical joke, that you're eating those yuck bananas without even knowing. However, I need to use photoshop to achieve the tones Parr uses in his images.


No comments:

Post a Comment