Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

light : proposal

For this project I want to explore "light drawings" of Wellington night time landscapes to see how I can show how the lights create the shape of the city. While doing this, I will play with different shutter speeds and depth of field.

By using the different shutter speeds, I will be able to control how the light travels, and the different lengths will able me to either create short, sharp movements or long and random movements. This will give me different aesthetics as to how I can present the photographs. The different depth of field will allow me to explore how blurring the lights or making them sharp effects the outline of the landscapes. Both these controls will slow me to get a range of looks in my photographs.

In this project, I essentially want to show Wellington in a more abstract way, allowing viewers to see it in a way they wouldn't usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment