Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

space : precedent development


ARTIST EXPERIMENTATION

Andreas Gursky took photos of spaces in a way where the form and structure of the area was overridden by pattern. This meant that the smaller details of the space were taken away, and I feel like there is a a different essence and feel of the space presented by doing this.

Explanation of work from: here








I like the idea of capturing a space as a feeling instead of the actual space. I think it is more interesting to the viewer to be shown something, and not really know where it is, and interpret it in your own way.   I think that the ceiling and window's at the train station are prefect for doing this. Here are some takes on Gursky's work...




The ceiling at the train station was perfect for doing this because of it's decorative ceilings and windows. I think my shots were quite successful, but don't think that they are quite as fitting for this project as I thought it would be. This technique doesn't allow me to explore my theme for journey in space well, although it interesting to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment