Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

space : precedent development


 ARTIST EXPERIMENTATION

During my last shoot, I took the time to take some shots of the station similar to the way Neil Paddington did with these shots. I think this style goes fittingly with what I am trying to portray in my photographs as they give a strong sense of direction. These paths, created by using a large depth of field, are the routes people take to get from point A to B - a journey. I like how your eye is sucked into the middle of the picture, and you are drawn into the image. 



images from: here
explanation of series from: here


The series of Pardington's which these images belong, was a time consuming operation which looked into the storage spaces of Museums around New Zealand. The images were of tunnels that were hidden away and not to be taken. Pardington captured the spaces with a very slow shutter speed which allowed him to capture minute details of the place. As I use Pardington's composition while taking my photo's, my exploration of the space is totally different. While Pardington concentrated on private and unused spaces, I am looking at one which is constantly used and is alive. In this, Pardington's technique which he used to take his photographs will not be suitable for my series as there is too much movement i my photographs. Here are my experiments...







I think that these shots were pretty successful. I like how they show the routes where people are going. Also in the last two images, I like the dullness of it compared to the upper levels of the station - the under ground parts were built with no character while the upper ones are beautiful and rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment