Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

lomographics : artist precedents

I've been looking at a lot of abstract work for inspiration for my remediation of film and I came across Mark Chadwick. He was inspired by the way in which technology has become such a large part of society and in this, gave creative expression to machines in order to paint these pictures. He explores the concept of removing the artist from the painting by choosing materials and colour on chance and then attaching these objects to the machines and leaving the room. He uses a variety of tools and mediums to produce these works.

In much of Chadwick's work, I find it amazing how machines and tools create such fluid and natural movements. It gives a really nice contrast to the mechanical devices that create the images. I also love how a viewer can interpret it in so many different ways. This image in particular was created with acrylic paint on canvas. 

Fluid Painting 81, 2013
Although I am not going to use the same process as Chadwick, I think his concept of technology taking over our society has a really strong connection to my project and how digital photography has impacted film photography. I really love the abstract fluidity of this image and hope that I can too create something with this aesthetic as I think it shows a lot of movement and life which is what I am trying to show that by using film, these things are more apparent in images.

No comments:

Post a Comment