Pages

Friday 27 September 2013

lomographics : final proposal

For this project, I aimed to explore how photography has developed due to advancements in technology, especially in smartphones. These devices have allowed us to take hundreds of images quickly and at no cost, making the process of taking an image easy for almost anyone to do. In this, I feel that the art of photography has been degraded and the relationship that someone has with an image is gone because the same amount of thought and time does not go into an image anymore due to the ease of digital photography. For this project I want to explore this concept, looking at how instagram has changed how people take a view photos today.

For this project, I will follow my niece for an afternoon around Wellington City. It will be her first visit here. Whenever she uses her iPhone to take a picture, I will also with my Holga lomo camera. From here, I will get the images developed, and with the negatives produced, I will take an element from the photograph and photograph the negative again with this element. By doing this, I want to communicate that film offers more to a photograph by bringing an element of the photograph out of the image, making it involve the taker and viewer more. I will then run these images back through photoshop and then take digital images of them on my computer screen, bringing the images back to the digital world of instagram.

Through this process I hope to communicate the idea of a film photograph having a relationship with the photographer and viewer as opposed to the smartphone images. I also want to recreate the feel of viewing images on a smartphone app such as instagram, specifically looking at the selecting process it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment