Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

lomographics : proposal

For this project I want to explore the idea of how technology has changed the way we take pictures. In this, I will specifically investigate how smartphones have allowed people to take thousands of pictures instantly, consequently Taking some of the value of photographs away.

I will do this by taking token pictures of Wellington City - ones that people take all the time and post up on their Facebook and Instagram. However, these photos will be taken with a Olga camera and film to sort of juxtapose the idea of "snap happy" images of nothing that are quick and free from a smartphone versus the long process of manual photography which requires a photographer to think about the images and then have the images developed which is a lot longer process and a relationship with the camera and images are created. After I have developed my images I will then take them through various processes in order to manually tweak and filter them which is done easily on Photoshop or phones.

I think it will be interesting to see which images actually look better and more interesting between the  manual ones and the smartphone ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment